To finish off my CCNP: Data Center certification I successfully passed the DCIT exam. While preparing for the exam I found there is very little preparation material outside of the official Cisco course.
I recently posted about my experience with the DCCOR exam, and in that covered my background and some of the general information on this set of exams. You can read more about it here: https://www.mytechgnome.com/2022/02/ccnp-data-center-dccor-350-601-exam.html
About the Exam
The exam topics can be found here: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/dcit-exam-topics
I went over the specific technologies in the DCCOR exam review, but I’ll quickly touch on them here as well. The exam is specifically focused on troubleshooting the various technologies in each of these areas
Under the Compute category it’s exactly what you’d expect to see. Lots of UCS, and though it doesn’t specifically call out HyperFlex or Intersight I think it’s fair to assume that those would be in scope. Remember, Cisco states in the exam objectives that “The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam.”
Management and Operations (20%)
- What happens if you create multiple events, but make a mistake in the tagging?
- What happens if you don’t add event-default when you need it, or do add it when you don’t?
- What happens if the event is based on CLI entries, but a user doesn’t type the full command, or uses an alias?
- What’s the output of show flogi database or show fcns database if
- a zoneset isn’t active?
- a zone isn’t part of the active zoneset?
- a port is assigned to the wrong VSAN?
- a port mode is incorrect?
- a WWN is incorrect in a zone config?
- the FCoE VSAN to VLAN mapping is incorrect?
- Using the above examples, are there other show commands that would be useful?